In a response to my last post, I was asked what I admire within myself. I hate answering this question, because honestly I am not my biggest fan. But as I tell my daughter, you are the best you there ever was and ever will be. So love yourself. So I’m going to take my own advice and I’m going to answer that question.
1. I am loyal. If I love you, I will fight for you until my last breath. I will never leave you.
2. I am creative. I love to write. I love to paint. I love to design things. (I don’t even care if I don’t do these things well. They give me joy.)
3. I care about others. I don’t like it when people around me hurt. I want to take away the hurt and fix everything. (Sometimes I care too much and this is not such a good quality.)
4. I can see the good and the bad of those I love. Just because I love you and will fight for you right or wrong, doesn’t mean I’m blind to the fact that you are human and therefore are not perfect. And I’m okay with that, because I’m not perfect either.
5. I am a good mother. My children mean the world to me. There is nothing I would give for them or do for them, no person I would not gladly kill for looking at them wrong. Predators beware, my children will not be your victim!
6. I am not a quitter. Even though things are hard, and they might knock me down, I have yet to not get back up.
Okay, next post will be things I dislike about myself. Hopefully that list will be shorter than this one.